Grab your camera, find a phone booth (to change into your cape), and help us capture moments at our special events!
Help us show our community what United Way does: improve people's lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities.
While we are unable to pay a photographer, as our volunteer we will credit your photos as we share them on a variety of platforms: our website, social media pages, marketing materials and more. This will be a great way to get your work out there!
Location will vary, depending on event.
Examples of events and programs that will need a photographer: committee meetings, workplace presentations, initiatives such as Stuff the Bus (summer) and Pantry Project (year-round), special events such as Annual Meeting (June) and Mad Hatter Gala & Auction (December).
- Bring your own equipment to the event or to UWMM’s office, as required.
- Capture photos of staff, partners, and community members.
- Capture a mix of action, candid, and posed photos.
- Adhere to United Way’s branding guidelines for photography
- Deliver photos to UWMM via flash drive, zip file, CD, or other method.
Qualifications: Photography experience required. Experience with photo enhancing software is a plus.
Time Commitment: This can be on a one-time or recurring basis.